Thursday, July 19, 2012

The Path Leading Home



A door opens
My mind is flooded with illuminating radiance
I become focused and centered in my being
I take three deep breaths and exhale
I am in paradise
There’s a path before me that is paved with embedded stones
Imbued with rare jewels
I walk along barefooted
My flowing skirt almost touches the path’s enchantment
That winds and turns infinitely
Colossal trees contour either side with lushness and vibrant life
Full of secrecy and antiquity
They whisper to me in the silence that envelopes the entire land
As the black velvety sky connects our spirit
I stroll along this path of consciousness
I see a castle in the distance
My heart’s beat race with anticipation
Something is oddly familiar about this place
This mystical castle sitting upon a rolling hill
I pick up my skirt by its hip
And began to run like a panther
Everything around me becomes a blur from the swiftness in my feet
As I reach the steps of this incredible edifice
Soldiers in stark white uniforms greets me
Standing at attention
Looking straight ahead
One says to me
Welcome back Ariel
Your arrival has been expected



©2009
Nazeelah Noorjahan

No comments:

Post a Comment